It’s the most wonderful time of the year. With the approach of the Christmas season, you’re probably looking for the best options to decorate your house. The best solar Christmas lights will add a pop color and lots of sparkles without adding an extra cost to your energy bill.
If you’re interested in these environmentally friendly lights, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll learn everything about the best solar Christmas lights and we’ll help you choose some to celebrate the Christmas spirit.
Reviews of the Best Solar Christmas Lights
After reviewing several light options, we found 5 of the best products that you need to add to your home this season. Check out our top choices.
1. Joomer Solar Christmas Lights
- Solar Powered & Auto On/Off: Solar energy supply, no extra utility electric cost, and no need to replace the battery. Light sensor controls the solar christmas lights auto on at dark and auto off at daytime.
- 2 Switches & 8 Different Modes: This solar string lights have On/Off button and mode button, press mode button selects 8 different modes to satisfy your diverse needs.
- Waterproof & Memory Function: The solar christmas lights can withstand all kind of weather(IP65), including heavy rain and snow, perfect for indoor and outdoor decorations. Build in Memory chip save your last modes setting and no need to reset mode every day.
- Easy to Install: Solar panel with ground stake, 72ft long string is perfect for wrapping around a tree or wherever you like to light your gardens, patio, lawn, porch, gate, yard, etc. The wire between the first LED light and the solar panel (lead cable) is around 6 ft long, so you can put the panel in a suitable place.
- Widely Application: The solar fairy lights is a great choice for Christmas, wedding, holiday, garden, yard, lawn, fence, porch, tree, roof, deck and so on.
These budget-friendly lights are suitable for all decoration options. They’re available in multiple colors so you can add the desired effect to your party. These are the best indoor and outdoor lights, giving you much versatility so you can install them wherever you want.
Designed to withstand various weather conditions, these lights will work properly even if rains and snows. They come with 2 different switches so you can switch them when you like or choose the automatic function that powers them when it gets dark.
There are 8 different modes so you can pick the one that suits your taste. There’s a memory chip that saves your last setting so you don’t have to adjust them every time to switch them on.
You’ll receive 72 feet of lights with 200 LEDs. You can wrap the flexible wire around any object to create the perfect decoration theme. There’s a 6-feet cable between the solar panel and the first LED, giving you more freedom to set them in your garden, patio, roof, deck, porch or inside the house.
The longer spike and the design of the solar panel will increase the amount of solar energy absorbed. They can be fully charged in 6 hours to work for 8 hours. The internal wiring isn’t very durable so you’ll probably need to replace them after a while. They need strong sunlight to operate for the maximum time which might be a problem in winter.
What We Like
- Easy to install and adjust solar lights.
- 8 different modes.
- Memory chip to save your last setting.
- Weather-resistant to last for long.
- Efficient absorption of solar energy.
What We Don’t Like
- Work properly only in very bright sunlight.
- The internal wiring isn’t very durable.
2. Bynhieo Led Solar String Lights Outdoor Waterproof Solar Fairy Lights
- 100 BRILLIANT LEDS:100 super brilliant LEDs glow a warm white light, which make every night starry nights. Ideal for decorating your patio, garden, lawn, porch, gate, yard, Christmas lights, wedding, party etc
- SUPER FLEXIBLE: Designed with high quality bendable copper wire,easy to wrap around anything,good choice to create your own unique work
- UPGRADED DESIGN: Desied by 8 modes,solar power silver painted copper wire lights with adjustable solar panels,work for more than 8 hours after fully charged,auto lit at night and has memory function returning to your previous setting when turned on again
- IP64 WATERPROOF AND HEAT-RESISTANT: Bynhieo coppr wire light is IP64 waterproof and heat-resistant, making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor without any worry of moisture or weather damage or short circuit.
- AFTER SERVICE: 3 year warranty, 24-hour customer service online，supporting technical guidance, If you have any questions, please contact us right away
Create a starry effect in your garden, patio or porch. The wire is extremely flexible so you can bend it around any object for the best results. If you’re a big fan of small LEDs, then these are the right ones for you.
They feature a highly bendable copper wire that extends for 33 feet and comes in a pack of two. They’re shorter than most of the other solar Christmas lights on the market, but these are designed for people who like to make designs using fairy lights.
There are 8 different light modes so you can choose your favorite effect using 100 LEDs. Moreover, there’s a memory chip that saves your last setting so you won’t have to worry about adjusting the lights every time you switch them on. They can work for up to 8 hours.
Don’t worry about your lights getting ruined as they’re designed to be heat and rain-resistant. They can be used indoors and outdoors to add a special effect for the holiday season.
Kids can help install these solar lights because they’re very easy to use. There’s no indicator that can help you know that the battery is fully charged.
What We Like
- Easy to install lights.
- Bendable copper wire to create your custom design.
- 8 different work modes.
- Heat and rain-resistant.
What We Don’t Like
- The wire is shorter than other lights on the market.
- It’s hard to tell that the battery is fully charged.
3. SKYFIRE Solar Powered Twinkle Fairy Lights
- Fairy lights up to 6 Hours super long working time after full charge and always light up your garden, patio, party Christmas tree.
- Advanced solar batteries tech ensure 17% energy conversion rate and built-in 600mA battery will support a long working time.Since these string lights are solar powered, you can place them anywhere you like with no extension cord needed.
- IP65 Waterproof design ensures decorative lights withstand rainy weather condition, perfect for indoor or outdoor usage.
- Timbo String Lights are easy to Operate & Install: Solar panel with garden stakes stand, 2 switches, On/Off and Mode (Steady/Flashing)
- Garden Party Decorations Lights - ideal for atmosphere creation or lighting shows, put on tree, vine, porch, bedroom window, balcony, wall, perfect for occasions like Thanksgiving day, Christmas, parties, wedding, birthday, etc.
With a durable solar battery, these are 17% more efficient than other solar lights on the market. They come in various color options to help you add the needed effect to your outdoor area. No extension power is needed as you’ll receive 10 strands of solar lights that you can place anywhere you like.
These solar lights are IP65-rated so they’re weather-resistant. They can withstand rain and stormy weather so they’re perfect for the winter season. There are 2 different switches to control the mode so you can customize your light to suit the mood.
There are 200 LEDs and they’re not connected to each other. If one of them stops working, the others will stay on. Each strand you receive is 6.5 feet with 20 LEDs, that’s a total of 65 feet of light. The automatic setting will switch them on when the sun is down. You can also keep them on if you choose to install them inside the house.
Because you’ll receive 10 separate strands, these lights are more customizable. You can connect them to each other, create a cascading design, leave them hanging or wrap them around any object. There are only two light options; steady and flashing. The light isn’t very bright but they will add a nice effect to your outdoor or indoor area.
What We Like
- 10 strands of light.
- Customizable design.
- Easy installation.
- Enable you to customize the decoration.
What We Don’t Like
- The light isn’t very bright.
- Only 2 operation modes are available.
4. GIGALUMI 23 Feet 50 LED Flower Solar Fairy Lights
- SOLAR LIGHTS FOR OUTDOOR DECORATIVE: 2 pack 23 feet 50 led dragonfly fairy lights,Suitable for Christmas decoration,make your garden or home stand out,perfect for any indoor or outdoor events.
- SOLAR POWERED STRING LIGHTS: No wiring needed. This outdoor string lights up to 10 Hours super long working time after full charge in the sunlight.
- IP65 WATERPROOF DESIGN: Ensure this solar powered outdoor lights withstand all kinds of weather, including heavy rain and snow
- EASY TO OPERATE PATIO LIGHTS: Solar panel with garden stakes stand, 2 switches, On/Off and Mode (Steady/Flashing)
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR GOAL- We stand behind this product with confidence because of this solar string lights because it is made of the finest and most durable materials available. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you have within 30 days to return this product to get 100% refund. No questions asked.
Enjoy the mystical effect of flower LEDs. These are bright flowers and will add extra magic to your outdoor area. You’ll receive 2 packs of light, each measuring 23 feet. They might not be long enough for some people, but they will definitely look unique.
Compared to the length of the cable, you’ll receive plenty of light. There are 50 LEDs on each cable so they’re brighter than most of the other options on the market. The different-colored flowers are closely placed near each other to add an exceptional pop of color.
Even if you choose to switch them off, they will still look thanks to their unique design. They can be kept inside and outside the house throughout the year. They’re IP65-rated so they’re heat and rain-resistant. They can even withstand the snow so they will last for long.
Although you can’t really tell that these look like flowers from a distance, once you approach them you’ll be able to see their unique shape. They feature 2 operating modes, but they will last longer when you’re using the flashing mode. Unless the solar panel is exposed to very bright sunlight, they won’t last, except for a few hours.
What We Like
- LEDs are closely placed for a bright effect.
- Unique flower shape for indoor and outdoor decoration.
- Various colors and 2 operating modes.
- Heat and weather-resistant so they will last for long.
What We Don’t Like
- The light cord isn’t very long.
- They last longer when you’re using the flashing mode.
5. KeShi 40FT 100LED Solar Star String Lights, 8 Modes Solar Powered Twinkle Fairy Lights
- 【 ENERGY SAVING SOLAR STAR LIGHTS 】: No wire & No electricity fee & No outlets. Just place the solar panel under the sunlight to charge. Upgraded solar panel: light up to 8-12 hours after fully charge. Note: Please place the front side of the solar panel in direct sunlight to ensure that it receives sufficient solar energy.
- 【 LIGHT SENSOR 】: Just put the solar string lights outdoor, in where can get direct sunshine and keep the switch "ON"--It will automatically recharge during the daytime and light turns on automatically when dark. KESHI solar string lights will create more romance for you!
- 【 UPGREADE HIGH EFFICIENT 】: 100 LED star and 8 working modes solar patio lights, IP65 waterproof starry Light . Longer battery life, more stars, longer solar rope lights 40 FT. Ambiance lights for anywhere use.
- 【 OCCASION IDEAS】：These lights are designed with IP65 fabrics, it’s heatproof and waterproof. Its lifespan amounts to 3,0000 hours, much longer than any other solar powered string lights. Perfect decoration for outdoor gardens lawn patio landscape Xmas tree !
- 【 100% MONEY BACK ASSURANCE】: KESHI solar string lights include 30-day money back and 2-year replace. Any problem, please send us e-mail without heasition, we will reply within 12 hours. Click the "Add to Cart" and create more romance for your family!
These are long-lasting lights that will work for 8 to 12 hours to add the right effect to your outdoor and indoor area. They will automatically charge and then switch on when the sun is down. The lights are 34 feet long so they can be customized and bent around trees to add a special effect.
They feature 100 LEDs and have 8 different operating modes to create the desired ambiance to your outdoor or indoor area. They can last a total of 3000 hours so they’re good value for money. They’re heat and waterproof so they can withstand all weather conditions.
Create the perfect starry night in your patio or garden thanks to their unique design. They look special so you can add more of them depending on your decoration. With this warm white color, you can enjoy the best outdoor dinners in your garden or patio.
The length of the cord is only 40 feet with the lights installed on 34 feet. This means that the cord is a bit too short. You’ll probably need to buy more of this light to create a special effect. You’ll need to add another recharged battery to keep the lights on if the sun isn’t shining properly.
Although these are affordable lights, they start to dim gradually. They’re not designed to be extremely bright but they will add a cool effect to your home during a special event.
What We Like
- 100 LEDs on 34 feet of cord.
- Starry design.
- 8 different operating modes.
- Can last up to 12 hours.
What We Don’t Like
- The lights aren’t very bright.
- The cable is short so you’ll need to buy more of these lights to create the desired effect.
What are Solar Christmas Lights?
If it’s time to use strings of light for decoration, you might be interested in trying a new option. Solar Christmas lights don’t use electricity, they’re powered by the energy of the sun so they’re environmentally friendly and won’t add an extra burden to your bills.
Solar Christmas lights don’t only work on the roof of the house. You can use them anywhere in the garden to create the right ambiance for a family gathering. They’re just like normal lights except that you don’t have to run a cord from a power source to operate them.
These lights have a solar panel that charges a battery to power them. Once the sun sets, the lights will switch on using a light sensor. Some lights can last for up to 16 hours.
Most solar Christmas lights are LEDs. They’re probably less bright than incandescent bulbs but they’re more energy-efficient. This means that they will last for long.
Where to Place the Solar Panel
Most of the time, the solar panel comes attached to a long stake to gain access to the sunlight. This stake holds it away from the ground and guarantees maximum exposure to sunlight.
You should make sure that the solar panel is placed where it’s directly exposed to the sunlight for maximum energy absorption. If the weather is cloudy or there are any obstacles, your solar lights might not last for long. You might need to replace the battery with another one that has been fully-charged to keep the lights on.
Why Should You Choose the Best Solar Christmas Lights?
Solar Christmas lights can be used inside and outside the house. They come with several benefits, so you should think about their advantages over traditional lights.
- They’re eco-friendly. Today, everyone is concerned about saving the planet and choosing environmentally-friendly products that don’t mess with the ecosystem. Using renewable energy doesn’t cause an adverse effect that can last for long.
- They’re cost-efficient. When you buy solar lights, you’re paying their cost for once. You won’t be paying every time you use them, which is the case if you’re using electric-powered lights. There will be no effect on your energy bill which makes them suitable for people on a tight budget.
- These lights are versatile and practical. You don’t have to look for a power source to use your solar Christmas lights. Just make sure that the solar battery is kept somewhere to absorb the sunlight and the lights will turn on.
- They’re very easy to use. Using the wires, you can hang the lights anywhere and in any fashion to match the decoration of your house. You can use the automatic switch that will turn them on when the sun is down or use it whenever you want to.
- Solar lights are customizable. You can add more of them, use a different operation mode or combine several colors and designs to create the best effect.
How to Choose the Best Solar Christmas Lights?
Solar Christmas lights are designed to help you celebrate special occasions with your loved ones. There are a few factors that you need to think about before making a purchase.
The number of LEDs determines how powerful the light will be. This means that you can use more or less light depending on the ambiance you want to create.
You should also think about how the LEDs are placed along the length of the string or cord. If they’re closely placed, the effect will be stronger.
Moreover, you should think about the shape of the LEDs. In addition to the original round shape, you can find solar lights in the shape of stars and flowers that will add a special effect to your home.
A longer string that features a large number of LEDs is your best option because it will add the desired effect of light without the extra cost. Longer strings are also customizable because you can bend them around different objects and structures inside and outside the house.
Nevertheless, some people prefer shorter and separate strands. These can be installed at multiple locations and in different designs to create the best effect.
The string should be bendable and durable so your lights will last for long. It should allow you to place your lights easily wherever you want to install them for the best effect.
Runtime and Charge time
The best lights that you can buy should have a short charge time with long runtime. The charge time refers to the time the solar battery will spend to absorb solar energy.
Lights should be charged for at least 6 or 8 hours so they can last all night long. These are especially desirable when the sun isn’t shining all the time.
Most lights feature a switch that can be automatically set to switch on when the sun goes down. However, sometimes you want to have more control over your solar lights. You can easily keep them on whenever you want to so this is a good option if you choose to install your lights inside the house.
When you’re shopping for solar Christmas lights, you need to choose something that can withstand the weather conditions. Your lights should be heat and rain-resistant so they can last for long. Moreover, they must be designed to withstand a little snow so they keep on functioning during the winter.
More operating modes mean that you’ll have more control over how the lights operate. Steady light creates the maximum effect but will affect the runtime of the lights. If you want your solar lights to last for long, you can opt for the flashing option as it’s more energy-saving.
Finding an eco-friendly option is a smart decision because you’re using clean energy to add the desired effect to your home. The best solar Christmas lights will add the desired effect to your outdoor and indoor area.
We chose the Joomer Solar Christmas Lights as our top choice because they’re extremely versatile so you can use them inside and outside the house. They’re easy to install and will help you create the effect you want without breaking the bank.
These lights are extremely customizable so you can use them anywhere you like. You should think about the features of the lights before choosing one to add the desired effect to your home. There are several good options on this list, so you’ll definitely find the right one for you.
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- A Comprehensive Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Review - October 28, 2019
- Goal Zero Torch 250 Review: Is It Worth the Money? - October 22, 2019
- How to Clean Solar Panels - October 12, 2019
Last update on 2019-12-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API