Top 8 Best Solar Landscape Lights
Solar landscape lights are an exciting and beautiful addition to any landscaping design. They serve the dual purpose of illuminating your pathways and driveways while adding style and romance to your outdoors.
Check out our recommendations below and perhaps you’ll find an option that you like.
Comparison Table Solar Outdoor Lighting
#1 Ohuhu Solar Garden Lights Review
- SOLAR-POWERED W/ RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES: 600MA/2V Polysilicon solar panel, no wires needed. Save money on electricity. Up to 6-8 hours of light with every full charge.
- 6 PACK LED LIGHTS: Bright warm white LED garden lights. Shines up to 12” radius.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT: Resistant to rain, snow, frost, or sleet. Made tough to last and tightly sealed.
- DURABLE & HIGH QUALITY: Made with glass lens and stainless steel, lights auto turns on at night or in low light conditions and turns off at dawn.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Simple, easy installation out of the box! No hassle and no wires and no batteries needed.
These chic lights from Ohuhu come as a set of six and they’re made from sturdy stainless steel, which means they’re weather resistant and definitely long-lasting. In keeping with the latest trends, they’ve got a nice and sleek copper finish, with a design that fully integrates the poly-silicon solar panel into the snug lid.
They emit an ambient white light that’s bright enough to illuminate your pathways while being soft enough to emit a charming ambiance when highlighting your foliage.
With a 1 ft. lighting range and lighting capacity of 6 to 8 hours per charge for each light, these are really good value for money. Plus, they come with a timer function which enables them to turn on automatically when the sun sets and switch off at the crack of dawn.
These lights are available in two color choices; copper or silver, and they come with a set of nine stakes and ground spikes, as well as rechargeable batteries.
Ohuhu backs these lights up with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Good price
- Excellent quality
- Backed by a solid guarantee and warranty terms
- Made with sleek and stylish stainless steel copper
- Retains solar power
- Provides superb lighting
- This is not the best option for large spaces
#2 URPOWER Wireless Solar Lights (4-pack) Review
- UNIQUE DESIGN: We designed the internal circuit diagram of the lamp beads by ourself. There are positive and negative pole directions on the bottom of our LED, which is different with those lights on the market.
- SUPER BRIGHT&LONG WORKING TIME: Compared with other common 4 or 12 led solar lights, we designed our solar lights with 8 led lights, which is brighter than 4 led and working longer than 12 led.
- WEATHER RESISTANCE: IP64 waterproof and heatproof, solar powered lights, suitable for most kinds of weathers. Great outdoor light for your garden, yard, aisle, porch, patio, or driveway etc...
- AUTOMATED SWITCH: Turn on at night when motion sensor detected , and automatically off after motion stops. sensing range of 10 feet with a 120 degree sensing angle.
- SOLAR PANEL LIFE SPAN: 5 years - LED Life Span - 50000 hours.only takes 6-8 hours to fully charge.(Please note that 8LED is for the 8 Lamp Beads in One Light Not for 8 Lights in one package.)
With a lighting capacity of 12 hours per charge and 50,000 overall per light, these four wireless lights from URPOWER offer a brilliant white light that’s ideal for illuminating a large area. They feature infrared technology, motion sensors, a massive solar panel and a lifespan of up to 5 years.
Not only do these lights switch on and off automatically and according to your preferred settings, but the motion sensor technology enables them to switch on whenever they detect movement that’s at 10 feet away. The sensor switches off automatically after 10 seconds while the light does so 30 seconds after the movement stops.
Not only do they switch on and off automatically as well but they also come in two light modes including dim light and high light.
To benefit the most from these solar lights and their motion-sensing abilities, make sure that they’re facing south when you install them. That way, they’ll be positioned to get full sun exposure, and you have to fully charge the batteries before you start using them.
- Motion sensor
- Offers a truly brilliant light
- Great value!
- Two lighting modes
- Don’t buy these if you plan on installing them on brickwork
- The charge goes out of the batteries quicker than expected
#3 SolarGlow Garden Lights Review
- PREMIUM STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN & SUPER-BRIGHT! Super-Bright 15 Lumen clear light shines forth from each LED light in this SIX (6) pack. Position them on your path for the ultimate in beauty AND safety! (Included ground stakes are packed in light poles).
- NO-HASSLE INSTALLATION! Simple, EASY installation out of the box! There's NO HASSLE because there are NO WIRES! Runs completely on solar power. Turns on at dark, off at dawn!
- 100% SOLAR-POWERED! Save money on electricity when you use the sun. It's FREE! Plus... the batteries RECHARGE THEMSELVES through the day!
- ALL-WEATHER-RESISTANT! No worries about rain, snow, frost, or sleet. Rugged ABS plastic construction gives the longest-lasting life of any LED lights on the market! Made tough and sealed tight!\
- 100% LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE! Packaging of this product may vary.
These six SolarGlow lights are as durable as they are stylish. They’re made from a combination of rugged and waterproof ABS plastic as well as weather-proof stainless steel.
They come with their own solar panel attached to the lid and their lighting power is 15 lumen which means that the light is bright but not too harsh.
For the best results with these lights, make sure you leave them in contact with the sun during the day so that they can shine bright at night.
These are easy to install as they’re completely wireless and have an easily accessible switch so that they don’t waste energy when not in use or stored away. Plus, they come with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- They offer an ambient yet brilliant light
- Well-made and sturdy
- Six in each pack
- Great value
- Great customer service
- Most times the light emanating from these lights is mediocre at best
#4 Nekteck Solar Powered Spotlight Set Review
- Upgraded 4th Generation Solar Lights & Panel—The Advanced 200 lumen LED solar lights make full use of the solar energy so it can achieve high lumen output at night. This allows you to fully enjoy how it glows your yard, your pool or even the landscape in the garden at night. It also illuminates the pathways, walkways, driveway and your path to home for security
- Highly Resistant for all kinds of weather- Nekteck solar lights can withstand rain, snow, frost or sleet as it ensures long-lasting performance under most weather conditions
- 2 Brightness lighting Modes(Always on)& Automatic Switch—4 LED bulbs offers 2 different working modes(high/Low), allowing it to stay lit for 6-10 hours after being fully charged. With the dusk-to-dawn sensor, the solar landscape spotlights easily absorb the sunlight during the day and automatically turn the lights on at dusk for a hassle-free illumination
- Adjustable Light & Solar Panel - The Adjustable light angle (can be adjusted up to 180 degree) is perfect for illumination and accentuation of dark and specific areas of your house or the outdoor. You may also adjust the solar panel’s angle (up to 90 degree) for optimum sun exposure and to increase the solar conversion up to 20%
- 2 in 1 Installation and Easy to Use —Just stick into the ground or use the included screws to mount on the wall; simple to install, hassle-free to use! CE,FCC, ROSH, MSDS,UN38.3 approved for safety; 90-day money-back, also 2-year purchase warranty and lifetime support from Nekteck
These amazing lights come with an impressive power output of 200 Lumens, which makes them an ideal option to illuminate your garden throughout the seasons. They also work great for lighting driveways and their brightness can last for up to 10 hours per charge.
Neckteck designed these lights to have a variety of settings. You can choose between multi-colored party lights for when you’re entertaining or go for a ‘white light’ ambiance on normal days. Not only are they suitable to mount on the wall, but they come with the necessary equipment to place them in the ground as well, should you wish to do so.
Inside the tough-wearing reflective plastic casing of each light is an extra-large solar panel to absorb as much light as possible during the day so that they can last for longer when it’s dark.
Neckteck gives you even more options with the ability to adjust these to 180 degrees if you like, and there’s a dim light mode and a bright light mode as well.
When you first get the lights, you’ll notice that they’re covered with a layer of protective film. You’ll have to remove this film and place the lights in a really sunny spot for the initial charge before you use them. Just keep in mind when you purchase the lights that they may not work as well in rainy conditions when there’s no sun exposure.
- Perfect for small areas
- Great value
- Beautiful light
- Nicely designed
- They’re unable to hold a charge for too long
#5 Hoont Solar Spotlight Review
- ‘Auto-on’ at night and ‘Auto-off’ by day / Features 4 bright LED Bulbs; lasts 50,000 Hours
- Lights up outdoor space for added security; illuminate pathways, driveways, gardens, etc. or use as an accent light for trees, bushes, signs, etc.
- Fully Adjustable Light & Solar Panel - Adjust the light angle to illuminate the perfect spot and adjust the solar panel angle for optimum sun exposure.
- Waterproof & Durable – Solid hard plastic construction for withstanding years of rain, snow, ice and wind / Includes a powerful 1200Mah AA Ni-MH rechargeable battery for up to 9 hours of illumination on a full charge / Size: 11” H x 10.5” D x 3.5 W
- Fast & Easy Installation - No wiring required; simply take out of the box and stick into the ground. / Upgraded for optimal performance.
This LED solar spotlight is just what you need if you’re looking for something to brighten up your porch, balcony or walkway.
They’re made from a sturdy plastic frame with a nice matte black finish and a spotlight that you can rely on no matter what the weather’s like. It also comes with a built-in solar panel accompanied by 4 LED light bulbs that emit a brilliant white light with a power output of 200 Lumens.
A complete charge gets you 9 hours of light, while the maximum light capacity of this product is 50,000 hours. You can mount it on a fence or wall for full coverage or stick it into the ground with a spike, and it’s fully adjustable so that you can point it towards the sun no matter where it may be in relation to the spotlight.
Hoont also added features like an “automatic on-and-off” button that enables the light to preserve energy by switching off when not in use.
This light is ideal for renters because it’s very easy to install and move around.
- Solid construction
- Emits a brilliant white light
- Fully adjustable
- Can be mounted on the wall or placed on the ground
- Easy setup and installation
- Only suitable for small spaces
#6 SolarDuke Hanging Solar Light Lantern Review
- STARTLING 7 COLORS: Gorgeous 7 Color Lights that Changes Automatically to Give a Rainbow Spectrum!
- AUTOMATIC RECHARGING: Built-in Solar Panel recharges during day and automatically turns ON at night
- UNIQUE GIFT: Beautifully Designed Hummingbird Hanging Lanterns Perfect as Gifts for Loved Ones
- LONG LIFE & NO MAINTENANCE: Long-lasting 100,000 hours of LED life and Rechargeable AA battery with No Wiring
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Solar Duke is a different kind of company that strives hard to delight our customers by providing the absolute best customer service in the industry. If you don’t love our solar lights for any reason, you will get a full refund or a free replacement Guaranteed!
This hanging solar light lantern from SolarDuke is truly special. It has a soft light that adds a special charm and warm ambiance when you hang it up. It looks perfect when hung on a tree branch or in your entryway, and even when placed on the ground to illuminate a pathway.
Standing at 8.6 inches tall, the light emanating from this lantern spans for a couple of feet ahead and it’s made from a strong metal frame that’s weatherproof and resistant to corrosion. It comes with two light settings; clear light which delivers normal bright white light and flash mode which delivers a kaleidoscope of LED light colors.
Thanks to its amazing features, this light makes for a great gift idea for friends and family.
- Beautifully designed
- Creates attractive lighting
- You get to choose between seven different colors
- Perfect for small spaces
- Build tough
- Resistant to corrosion
- Not suitable for large spaces
- Doesn’t deliver ultra-bright light
#7 Sun Force Solar Light Review
- Adjustable side lamp heads move upwards, downwards and horizontally for maximum lighting coverage
- Ideal for all locations: entryways, garages, pathways, sheds, and remote areas
- Amorphous solar panel charges in all daylight conditions, does not need direct sunlight
- Charges during the day and works at night
- 2 adjustable settings: detection distance and light duration
This solar light features advanced motion-sensor technology and adjustable heads which allow you to direct the light as you wish. Plus, each head has 150 LEDs that have a power capacity of 787.5 lumens- great for lighting your driveway, pathways, entryways and your outdoor pool.
In fact, the light emanating from this light is so bright that you’ll be able to clearly make out the details of anything that stands in front of it!
Other features of this solar light include an automatic on and off switch, flexible controls which you can use to determine how long you want the light to stay on and when, as well as an adjustable base that will allow you to place it comfortably on a flat surface as on a slanted one.
- Good detection range
- Brilliantly white lighting
- Contains three adjustable heads
- Flexible illumination settings
- Great choice for small to medium sized outdoor areas
- It’s on the pricey side
- The installation process is a bit technical
- The batteries don’t hold a charge for long
- Limited range on the motion sensor
#8 Gama Sonic Victorian Lamp Post Solar Light
- SOLAR POWERED- This outdoor solar powered lamp post is powered completely by the sun and equipped with an internal lithium-ion battery pack, which charges when sunlight hits the device’s solar panel.
- DECORATIVE OUTDOOR LIGHTING – Our LED solar outdoor lamp post is the perfect accessory for your front yard or backyard. It requires no electrical wiring, which eliminates any dangerous and unsightly cords. The solar lamp post is the perfect replacement for outdated electric and gas-powered outdoor lighting and adds a modern look for extra curbside aesthetic appeal.
- AUTOMATIC DUSK TO DAWN LIGHTING – This Gama Sonic solar lamp post is designed to provide dusk-to-dawn performance when its battery gets fully charged during the day. The integrated photocell sensor can detect light and will automatically turn on at dusk and off once the sun comes up.
- NO ELECTRICAL WIRING – This outdoor solar lamp post is perfect for DIY enthusiasts looking to upgrade their landscape lighting while not breaking the bank. Installation is simple and takes minutes and does not require electrical wiring, just place in a spot with direct sunshine.
- LOW MAINTENANCE – This solar outdoor lamp post requires little to no maintenance. Once the solar light has been installed in a spot with direct sunshine, leave the rest up to the sun. The only maintenance required is an occasional wipe of the solar panel with a damp cloth.. Dimensions: 10 x 25 x 101
If you’re looking for a light that’s stylish, elegant and powerful, then this Victorian-style lamppost solar light from Gama Sonic is definitely worth considering. It’s constructed from rust-resistant cast-aluminum and features a matte black powder finish, with dual lamp heads that boast powerful 200 lumen bulbs.
The solar panel is made from monocrystalline silicon, with a weather-resistant tempered glass frame on top to keep it protected.
Not only is this light rust resistant but it’s incredibly simple to install, requiring only that you attach the post to a solid surface using the bolts which are included in the package.
Once you switch this light on, it imparts a very soft light that’s not too bright, and you can even adjust it by simply choosing either the high or low brightness mode.
- Gorgeous design
- Imparts an ambient white glow
- Provides dual lighting
- Built tough
- Easy setup and install
- It’s pricey
- Imperfect light intensity
The only thing better than a normal landscape light is one that’s powered by the sun! Not only will using solar-powered landscape lights help to reduce your electricity bill, but they’re usually super easy to install and maintain, and are available in a wide variety of designs.
If we were to recommend one option from the ones featured above, it would have to be theOhuhu set of six lights that are made from weather-resistant stainless steel. What makes these lights so awesome is that they’re built tough and have a stylish modern design with copper finishes.
They also have a high power capacity and can provide up to 8 hours of light with just one charge. We’d definitely recommend the Ohuhu range for anyone that wants to illuminate small to medium sized spaces, and they look great when you’re hanging outside.
Landscape lights are a beautiful addition to any outdoor area. Not only do they light the way for you and your guests to easily make your way around outside when you’re entertaining, but they also have a way of creating a special ambiance.
They also illuminate your driveway and pathways so that it’s safer for you to move around at night, while clearly demarcating the space. However, you need to find the right lights in order to experience all of these wonderful benefits. Read on to find out how.
Choosing the Best Solar Landscape Lights?
One of the key things to keep in mind once you’ve decided to purchase landscape lights is to make sure that their style and quality match your preferences. Of course, there are certain standard features that all landscape lights should have regardless of design, and it’s these non-negotiable qualities that we’re going to help you learn more about below.
How Many Per Pack?
One of the good things about solar pathway lights is that they’re available in a wide range of different quantities. Obviously, you want enough lights to cover the entire space that you’re purchasing them for, while also keeping in mind that their quantity will influence the final price as well.
You can figure out how many lights you need by dividing the total cost by the number of lights in the pack. If you’re thinking of buying wired lights, make sure that they stretch far enough to cover the entire surface area that you need them for.
The material that your lights are made of will affect their performance and lifespan. For example, plastic lights are too fragile to last through harsh winters and summers but they’re very affordable.
On the other hand, aluminum and stainless steel lights can easily handle extreme weather conditions, but they do come at a higher price point.
As you’re shopping for your solar lights, you’ll find that some models are easier to set up and install than others based on their design. For example, there are wireless models that can draw power from the sun independently, while other types of lights need to be connected to a solar panel using the right wiring.
Wireless lights are obviously much more convenient and you can place them pretty much anywhere, while lights that require wiring will have to be placed relatively close to the solar panel which will be their power source.
You also have to consider how the lights are designed at the base as this will affect the installation as well. Generally, solar lights feature a stake or a spike that makes it easy to place the light into the ground where it should be able to stay in place throughout the seasons.
Brightness and Scope
The intensity of the light that you need will depend on what you’ll be using it for. If you’re purchasing the lights to illuminate a path or a certain outdoor area, then you’ll have to get super bright lights that will be able to illuminate the entire area.
However, some people actually prefer slightly dim lights, as they’re purchasing them just to create a relaxed ambiance when hanging outside and not necessarily to illuminate the place. So, look for a light that has the appropriate lumens output for your specific purpose.
Again, you should get lights that are of the right size for the specific area that you’re buying them for. The overall size of the light is usually reflected in the product description and is measured from the top of the light to the bottom of the stake or spike. You also have to think about the length of the ground spike as well so you can get an idea of what the lights will look like in your garden.
Design and Appearance
Solar landscape lights brighten up your garden pathways, outdoor areas, and driveways in more ways than one. Plus, they come in a variety of colors, shapes, designs and even patterns so that they can match with the overall look and design of your outdoor space.
Some are shaped like beautiful flowers with intricate patterns, while others look like antique pieces with their crackled glass lenses. So there really is a wide range of choices available to suit all tastes and preferences.
Charging and Lasting Power
Prior to using your new solar lights, you might have to charge them like most new appliances. For most models, all is needed is to put them in the ground and position them well so that they’re able to fully absorb the sun’s rays.
The amount of time that you have to charge them for will depend on the particular brand that you’re using, and the same goes for how long they stay on for after they’re fully charged.
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- A Comprehensive Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Review - October 28, 2019
- Goal Zero Torch 250 Review: Is It Worth the Money? - October 22, 2019
- How to Clean Solar Panels - October 12, 2019
Last update on 2020-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API