A solar inverter is a device, that is used to covert or transform the direct electricity, also known as DC (direct current) into an alternative current also known as AC that we use in our day to day lives. That is the main way how the electricity is being processed. If you want to have the most productive and efficient solar system or solar power plant, it is imperative that you choose the best solar inverter, because without it, the whole effort is going to end in vein.
So, then the question arises that how does one know or find out which solar inverter is the best one out there, because there seem to be brands and non branded product everywhere, be it in the market or online. That is why it is advised to not be confused and know exactly what and how you will look for the best solar inverter out of the million options. This feature right here, is going to help you with that. Here are a few instructions that you may follow in order to find the best suited solar inverter for you.
1. The first step, or the first process is to do some research, and find out about the most trusted, used, and good reviewed brands from the internet or maybe through a short market visit. When you will visit the market, you will most probably hear about three kinds of solar inverters, because they are the major ones. They would be grid tie inverters, off grid inverters and hybrid inverter.
A grid tie inverter converts the direct current in to an alternate current as well as align them together in an interface that has one utility line. The inverter does not have a battery and it can recycle the unused electricity into the grid. MTTP system is used in this technology.
Then comes the off grid inverter, that too converts the DC to AC BUT through a storage battery. These types of grids are used in bigger projects or for commercial purposes but a few smaller ones are used in for homely use. It is also known as stand alone inverter.
Lastly, there is hybrid inverter that converts DC into AC and it can both be used in a grid tie PV and an off grid PV, so this feature make the inverter quite handy as you can use it according to your convenience.
2. The second step is to compare and evaluate. Now that you have enough information about different solar inverters, it is now up to you to compare them with each other and calculate what you need and what you do not need, and what inverters are matching with your requirements and are standing out from the others in terms of efficiency and choose accordingly. The highest solar converter efficiency till now is about a 98% from SMA.
3. Look out for the parameter of the solar inverters: Since the solar inverter can not produce electricity, relies on parameters to ensure that it is functioning in the right way. However, when it comes to the parameters a few elements need to be checked if they are working properly. For example, the input DC voltage and output AC voltage are two very important elements. Then of course the best suited circuit the frequency are also very important. In the usual solar inverters, the average input voltage would be 24 and 48 vdc.
4.It is very important to see if the solar inverter offers you several optional accessories as well as a tracking device. Do not take it for granted that it will function well just because it is set at your home. Because there are cases where it had been found that the solar inverter had chips set inside for tracking purposes. So it is imperative that you look into these security matters.
But sometimes, these tracking and monitoring devices come in help as well, for example, they can send back information to the company and if any problem occurs with the product it will report back to the company and they can take necessary steps according to the intensity of the situation. In that case, talk to the company personnel regarding the matter. Also the monitoring system keeps all kind of records as well, how many times it has been used in a month or year, the productivity measures everything.
5. Is it weather proof?
The solar inverters and the solar panels are usually installed or set up at your home and usually are located at the rooftop of the house. But before you set them up, always make sure if they are weather proof or not. Thunder bolts and immense heat or anything equivalent may cause damage to your product. That is why it should have features like hard shell and IP65 technology or stout feature. These features make sure that difficult weather conditions do not hamper or damage the product and run smoothly.
The PV system’s voltage increases and decreases along with the temperature. If the maximum capacity exceeds and overloads it can damage the whole system for good. So such concerns should be looked out with proper attention.
6. Cooling and proper ventilation is another feature that will help your solar inverter in a very good shape, it is very important. In fact, it is very important for any electronic device, really. And since the solar inverter is always exposed to the sun and is continuously active, it will need the cooling feature the most because it generates a lot of heat from the sun. that is why it is a must.
Lastly, it is advised to go through all these instructions and follow them accordingly when choosing or buying a solar inverter. Look out for the fake products and refrain from less known companies. It is always wise to invest in a good product as it will serve you better, longer and will be worth the money. So choose wisely and do not regret your decision.
Latest posts by Robert (see all)
- A Comprehensive Goal Zero Sherpa 50 Review - October 28, 2019
- Goal Zero Torch 250 Review: Is It Worth the Money? - October 22, 2019
- How to Clean Solar Panels - October 12, 2019