As you may know, the sun is the most powerful source of energy there is and the amount of power that it radiates in an hour could potentially power the entire Earth for the whole year.
Unfortunately, with our current technology, we can only harvest about 0.001% of that powerful energy, and the best way we know how to do so right now is through solar panels.
Here we discuss the solar energy pros and cons.
But first, let’s take a look at what is solar energy…
What is Solar Energy?
Solar energy is light and heat which comes from the Sun and converted into electricity. The light coming from the sun is very useful but we can only utilize a fraction of it.
If we become able to utilize some of the more of that energy, we might never run out of our energy sources.
Light from the sun is converted into thermal, mechanical, or electric energy. It is a renewable source of energy. It is totally pollution-free. We use solar systems to capture that coming energy.
It is only a time investment, after that, it only gives you power as electricity.
- Solar Energy does not emit any kind of gases, so it is highly ecosystem friendly.
- It can be a bit expensive at the start, but you know it is only one-time investment project.
- It is also highly location-specific, as without the sun you can not produce thermal or electric energy from solar radiation.
The good news is that if trends are anything to go by there’s still hope for solar energy despite the challenges that it has faced in the past.
While many have criticized solar energy as an inefficient and expensive form of renewable energy, constant innovations and developments in the field have led to a significant drop in solar panel prices over the years coupled with increased demand and a larger array of options – all of this without sacrificing performance.
In fact, current models of solar panels perform much better and are way more efficient than their predecessors.
With all that said, there’s still room for improvement and there are still a few solar energy pros and cons that need to be addressed moving forward.
Here’s a comprehensive look at the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy to help you make an informed decision when you do eventually decide to go off-grid.
Solar Energy Advantages:
Solar Energy Disadvantages:
Yes, there are a few solar energy pros and cons to consider but all in all, solar energy is a solid option.
- 10 Best Solar Generators Review in 2021 – A Complete Buyer’s Guide - June 5, 2020
- 11 Best Flexible Solar Panels Review in 2021: A Complete Buyer’s Guide - March 31, 2020
- The Best Outdoor Solar Light to Decorate Your Property - March 23, 2020