Solar rain barrel pump is basically a ready-made way of water supply to your garden, fish tanks, fountains or ponds, etc, which is available at low cost.
The biggest advantage of these barrels is that if the water level becomes low, you can easily attach an external pump to maintain the water level in them.
All these solar rain barrel pumps are fully automated, eco friendly, and easy to use.
In this advanced technological era, the usage of these solar rain barrel pumps is quite competitive in the market.
You can find multiple ranges of these barrels at different prices, having different specifications, depending on your demand.
I have reviewed the top 10 Best Solar Rain Barrel Pumps of 2020, which you can find easily on Amazon.
The advantages and disadvantages of all the solar barrel pumps are mentioned below.
Here is the list:
Best Solar Rain Barrel Pump Reviews!
Solarriver Solar Water Pumps are one the best solar barrel pumps for your ponds, the rainwater collection, greenhouses, gardens, and any other place where the water is to be pumped.
It is a durable and efficient submersible brushless magnet pump which gives a long life of approximately 20,000+ hours.
It comes with a 12-watt solar panel which is placed about 16 feet away from the pump.
You can also buy an extension cord to place the panels even further away from the pump.
Solariver Solar Water Pump Kit
This barrel pump is no.1 on my list because of the following pros:
- Convenient to install and use.
- It works fully on solar energy and is independent of batteries.
- It does not need to be charged for so long and again and again.
- It does not work in the dark because it is totally dependent on the sunlight.
You can use this product with any rain barrel. The Algreen Rain Barrel Pump Kit contains everything you need to water your garden, it comes with all the necessary equipment used for installation.
It has a built-in dirt collector which keeps the water clean in the barrels. It is best for ponds, waterfalls, streams and fountains.
You can also control the flow of the water according to the need. Moreover there is a special system in these solar rain barrel pumps which keep the water level consistent.
Algreen 500 GPH Rain Barrel Pump Kit
Its pros and cons are as follow,
- It contains all in one kit including Pump/Garden Hose connection Fitting and Clamps.
- You can directly water your garden by using 2 rain barrels.
- Water level is consistent in these barrels..
- It does not provide much pressure.
This solar powered barrel can pump upto 100 gallons of water with 13 PSI of pressure.
It takes 18 minutes to empty a rain barrel. It is also one of the barrel pumps that does not need to be recharged again and again.
It is easy to use and install. The best thing is the flow that it provides for the gardens, lawns or wherever the water supply is needed.
Plus you can take it or place it anywhere you want, it is not fixed in just one place.
There is a built-in battery also which is directly charged by solar energy.
RainPerfect Solar Powered Barrel Pump
Here are some pros and cons of this solar barrel pump;
- It can be used day and night with a single recharge.
- 100 gallons of water can be pumped in a single charge.
- It can be connected to other hoses also.
- Low pressure water sprinkles are provided by RainPerfect Solar Powered barrel pump.
It is an automatic solar rain barrel pump with remote control and every other necessary equipment needed for installation.
It works in direct sunlight and operates for up to 4 hours in the dark.
The pump operates on solar energy at day time when it is exposed to sunlight, but at night or cloudy weather the pump operates with the help of the battery which lasts some hours.
Also, this pump has all the qualities of an expensive water pump at a reasonable price.
Sunnydaze Solar Water Pump and Panel
It is mostly known for the following features:
- It comes with a 16 feet cable which allows you to place it anywhere you want.
- There are two spray heads provided with this water pump. You can choose them according to your need.
- The product comes with a one year warranty.
- The installation of Sunnydaze Solar Water can be somewhat difficult for a regular person.
No electricity is needed to operate this solar barrel pump. There are no screws and plugs, that’s why it is easy to install and can be moved where-ever you want.
This product is friendly and desired because of the customer service features provided along with it.
The pressure and flow of the water is dependent on the exposure of sunlight, the more the sunlight the more the pressure.
It means that the pump may stop working when the sun goes down or when the weather is cloudy.
The pump is water resistant but can be damaged with the direct contact with water for a long time.
LEDGLE Solar Fountain Pump
The overall pros and cons are as follows:
- It is easy to install.
- It works completely on solar energy, therefore, it is eco-friendly.
- It comes with various spray nozzles for different spray patterns.
- Low presence of sunlight can affect it’s working or sometimes it may stop working as well.
It is an all in one pump. You can use it in your garden, small pond, fish tank, bird bath, etc. No external power or batteries are needed for this product.
It fully works on solar energy. Therefore, it stops working when there is no sunlight. Moreover, it needs to be protected from direct contact with water.
The product is best for small gardens or fountains.
RivenAn Solar Pump
Here are some pros and cons,
- It recharges automatically in the presence of sunlight.
- It works fully on solar energy.
- It is easy to install.
- The pump can be damaged by direct contact with water.
This solar rain barrel pump works without any electrical outlet and provides great pressure pumping through a hosepipe.
On a single charge, 100 gallons can be pumped through the high powered system of the pump.
The product is best known for the pressure and flow of the water supply.
Plow & Hearth Solar Powered Rain Barrel pump
The pros and cons of this solar powered barrel pump are as follow,
- This pump can be used in bad weather conditions.
- 100 gallons of water can be pumped in one charge.
- It is easy to install.
- Battery does not come with the product. You have to buy the battery separately.
It is one of the powerful solar rain barrel systems in the market having a 1350 gph pump.
This kit can be used with any barrel. This is the first and foremost rain barrel pump that was ever made.
With its powerful pump, you can water your garden or lawn directly from the barrels.
You can use it to wash your cars or wherever you need the water supply with good pressure and flow.
Algreen 1350 GPH Rain Barrel Pump Kit
It’s pros and cons are:
- It contains a mighty pump of 1350 gph
- It utilizes solar energy to directly water your garden from the attached barrels
- Provides High pressure
- It is hard to afford due to the high price.
This RainRecycle pump can be used with any type of barrel or container.
It is easy to use and install because the product comes with all the parts and necessary equipment to install it.
To increase the water capacity you can easily connect two separate barrels.
But you have to disconnect the RainRecycle rain barrel pump after every use.
RainRecycle Rain Barrel Pump
Let’s have a look on it’s pros and cons:
- It’s easy to install and it weighs only 8 lbs.
- This rain barrel pump can empty 65 gallons of water in just 10 minutes.
- It comes with a two year warranty.
- It needs to be disconnected after every use.
It is one of the Powerful solar pumps in the market.Aquabarrel TurboRain pump
It’s main advantages and disadvantages are as follows:
- The product can pump water from upto 6 feet.
- It can pump upto 3.3 gallons of water in just 60 seconds.
- It has a solar panel of 20 watt with a battery attached to it.
- It is difficult to install.
Best Solar Rain Barrel Pump – Buyer’s Guide
Solar rain barrels are worth investing because they are a cheap source of water supply to the gardens, lawns, ponds, fish tanks or wherever you want.
These Solar Rain Barrels Pumps are eco friendly and easy to use and install.
Some of them work totally on solar energy and you don’t have to provide any external energy source to them, while some of them have both features i.e. they operate on both the solar energy and the batteries.
When there is sunlight they use solar energy and when it is dark or cloudy weather, they use the external energy source.
Solar Rain Barrel pumps are reliable and available at many different affordable prices.